Monday, May 14, 2007

God will Provide

The Lord really does work in mysterious ways, and He is ALWAYS watching over us. These are hard times, and I, like everyone else, have been financially lacking from time to time. This past week, I was a bit short on funds that I needed to pay a certain bill, and for days I racked my brain trying to figure out where to get the money needed to pay it. When I finally stopped trying to control it, and offered it up to God, wonderful things happened.
I got this strange urge to clean out my coat closet. I was confused about why I felt I needed to clean it, but that urge was there, so I started cleaning. As I riffled through papers and other junk, I came across a deep blue envelope with a printed red bow that read, "A Gift for You." I opened it, and in it were savings bonds from my First Communion that I had never cashed. After looking up how much interest they had earned, it ended up being the exact amount I needed to cover the bill. The inscription on the envelope read, "May God Bless you today on your First Holy Communion Day, and may He be with you always!"
It looks like He has been with me always, and had the foresight to hide that gift away until I needed it most.
Little by little, God reveals His plans; and they never cease to amaze me.

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home