Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The "Lasts" Have Begun

The series of "lasts" has started. You know, the last time I'll do this in Chicago, the last time I'll do that in Chicago. Last night I went to go watch my dad's softball game, and realized it was my last chance to do that.
You have to understand, I've been watching my dad play softball since I was four years old. Probably younger but I don't remember anything prior to four. My dad is quite an athlete and I love watching him play. Also, there's nothing quite like a Chicago summer evening sitting on the bleachers with the sun setting and a gentle breeze blowing, watching a softball game.
I'm glad I got to watch my dad play again before I leave. They won! (hooray!) I also got to say goodbye to some people there that I've known for a very very long time. Lots of support, but also some tears. I went out with the team afterwards and it was just difficult knowing that this part of my life is done.
I will miss watching my dad play softball. I guess I will have to keep up with the team's exploits by reading his blog, which can be found here.
Good luck Grumpies!!!

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home