Sunday, July 27, 2008

One Week and Counting

I'm finding it a bit difficult to comprehend that in one week I will be spending my first night in Washington as a resident there. To be honest, it scares me to death!
I found myself today sitting on the patio at my parents' house, relishing the sun and the warm, still air, and the ability to sit outside and not be the least bit chilly. I walked barefoot through the grass and just looked at the sun-drenched surroundings and the crystal clear blue sky.
Things around my house looked different to me too, and a bit more special than normal. I walked out my front door onto my front stoop with my dogs, thinking that I won't be doing that anymore. I stood there and watched the deer in the field that my front door leads to. I will miss having that kind of wildlife literally at my doorstep.
My 81 year old neighbor had me over for a little chat that turned into a two-hour talk. While we would see each other from time to time, I regret not getting to know her better while I lived here.
There is so much I will miss about my home, and so much I want to do before I leave, but there just isn't time. My time is spent packing and getting ready for the move, and I wish it could be spent doing the things I love and want to do here in Chicago, and getting the closure I need before I move on...but I guess that it's just not to be.
I'm sure I will have a great time in Seattle, but it's not home, and I'm finding that hard to cope with right now. I know I'm leaving for the adventure of a lifetime, and I'm looking forward to that, but it still will be hard to let go of here, and a piece of my heart I'm sure will stay here in Chicago.
I'm so grateful for my friends, neighbors and family who are all being so supportive of this move. Leaving is hard, especially when you know you won't be able to see the people you love nearly as much as you'd like.
The only thing that makes it worthwhile, is knowing that I'll be with the man I love, and finding my home in him, no matter where that may be. And that, I'm looking forward to!

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home