Thursday, August 21, 2008

Settling In

We've finally moved into our more permanent apartment. It's really big and really pretty and has a fabulous view. (We are surrounded by forest). We and the dogs have been enjoying it here. It's also been fun for me to decorate in a different style. I'm working with Keith's furniture (which is beautiful), but it's not the same style as I had at home, so it's been really fun, and a bit of a creative outlet for me, to work with decorating in a different style.
It was hot and sunny for the past week or two, but then turned cool and rainy. I just can't get used to wearing a jacket in August!
People here are really friendly. Everyone in our building is great. Actually, one family here fell in love with Qila and Orion, and went out and bought a husky puppy yesterday! The thought that our crazy dogs could inspire anyone to get a husky is just too funny. Anyway, we had a doggy play date today. Qila did really well, but we'll wait until Aries (the new puppy) is a bit bigger before he plays with Orion. (Aries is only 7 weeks old...and sooooo cute!)
I feel very welcomed by both my team at work and all of Keith's friends. If the weather is good, Keith and I will be going up to Mt. Rainier this weekend. Other than that, we're just both hard at work.
I miss everyone!

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home