Sunday, May 20, 2007

Tick Trouble

I spent most of today with my wonderful puppies, Orion and Qila. As I was scratching Qila behind the ears today, I felt a lump. After a quick investigation, I discovered that Qila had volunteered to give a piggy back ride to a tick. Now, The Tick animated series is one of my favorites to this day, but this particular tick I was not a fan of.

Never having owned dogs before these two, and never having dealt with a tick before, I was a little unsure of what to do. Also, long and thick Siberian Husky hair made dealing with the little critter extremely difficult. After finding a pair of tweezers, the little bugger is gone, and Qila is most appreciative. I will be quickly shopping for a tick preventative for my pups.



The puppies also found time this weekend to be a little mischievous. Orion and Qila are not allowed on the couch, but after fighting with them, I finally started laughing, and this picture is the result. As you can see, they are quite happy with themselves for being rebellious. Even so, I love them dearly and found it hard to be mad at them.

Now I just need to keep them tick free, and we'll all be much happier!

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home