Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Day


This morning I went to a Memorial Day service with my dad. For those of you who don't know him, my dad served in the Air Force during the Vietnam War; and I am immensly proud of him. Also, my grandfather served in WWII, and I'm proud of him as well. I don't think I ever told my grandpa that when he was alive, but I think he knows. During the service, I got to thinking of many things, and I was profoundly moved. I won't get into much of it here, as most of you didn't come here to read a novel. What I will say is that whether you support the current war or not, we should support the troops that are over there. I can't imagine that what they do is easy even if they had everybody's support, but knowing that they don't, I think it's amazing that they do what they do every day.
I was so proud to be sitting next to my father; both when they recognized the veterans, and also when they recognized the fallen. Every single one sacrificed their lives for us. Our Mothers, Fathers, Brothers, Sisters, Sons and Daughters. Those who are here today, were READY to sacrifice their lives for us; without hesitation. I'm blown away by that.
If you see a veteran today, say thank you. They simply don't hear it enough. Tell them how grateful you are that they put your life before their own; that they loved this country enough to fight for it and its freedoms.
Thanks Dad! I love you!

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home