Saturday, August 4, 2007

Great Loss


It's been a week now since the pastor of my parish passed away. After all of the shock and commotion, it's finally starting to sink in. Fr. Art was a great man and a great friend to me. He helped me through one of the roughest times in my life, and for that I will be eternally grateful. He was that rare person that could bring a smile to anyone's face at anytime. He had a great love for his parish and lived life enthusiastically. The whole parish loved him. We all have a lot to learn from him.

As I sat making plans for tomorrow, I found myself getting excited to see Fr. Art at Mass tomorrow morning, and then I realized that I won't see him. I still can't comprehend life without him, and I know a lot of people are feeling the same way. Although I know that he is with God, in my own selfishness, I miss him.

Thank you Fr. Art for taking the time to be my friend, and thank you God for letting him into my life. Take good care of him.

--------------------oOo--------------------

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

November 10, 2008 at 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home