Saturday, August 25, 2007

Newness, Reorganizing, and Trimming the Fat

This has been a week of changes!
Even in the midst of a great job, great boyfriend, great dogs, great family and great friends, I've been in kind of a rut. I've been slowly digging myself out of it, but I've grown impatient and decided to make some changes.

For absolutely no reason what-so-ever (except maybe my addiction to HGTV) I decided to rearrange my bedroom. I got this urge at 9:30pm. I then spent the next two hours moving every piece of furniture in my bedroom around. The end result is great! I really like the new layout of the room, and the dogs now have their own little space. It's great! I've even been sleeping better.

The next day, I decided to cut and color my hair. Now, the color didn't turn out *exactly* how I wanted it. It's much more drastic than I had intended. So drastic, in fact, that nobody even noticed that I cut about 4 inches off of my hair. Though the end result was a bit shocking, it's really kind of growing on me, and in the end, I feel more confident. Out with the old, in with the new!

The day after that, God decided to do some tree trimming. Our area was hit with some massive storms. One right after the other. Entire trees (mature trees) have been completely uprooted, and smaller trees are snapped in half. Everything is flooded and some roads are downright impassable, due to both flooding and barricades of trees. Siding has been ripped off of houses, and fences are destroyed. It's the most damage I've seen from a storm that wasn't a tornado in quite some time. 70 mph winds are nothing to mess around with! After the damage though, there's that feeling of renewal. People are working together to help each other, and it emphasizes the things in life that are really important, and those that are not. There's a strange peacefulness in the midst of the chaos after the storm.

I've also been trying to focus much more on the relationships in my life. I'm wanting to really nurture some great and budding friendships, rekindle some old ones; and also recognize the relationships that maybe are not the best for me spiritually. That last part is hard. It is, however, interesting to see the contrasts of a lot of people in my life; good and bad.

What is my point with all of this? I'm getting myself out of my rut! It seems to me that I really did need some change in my life. Even though these changes are quite small, they've done a world of good for me. It's made me excited again to see what each new day might bring. It's been a while since I've felt this way, and I realize now that I've missed this feeling.

It's good to be back!

--------------------oOo--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home